Downtown Pensacola Development Opportunity
Development Opportunity: PEDC Issues Invitation to Negotiate for Technology Campus Property
The Pensacola, Florida community is seeking private sector partners with an interest in developing a nine (9) acre tract of property located in our Historic Downtown Business District known as the . Pensacola is the westernmost city along the Florida panhandle easily accessed by Interstate I-10 and has a population of over 542,000 within its 30 mile CSA. Perfect for any type of development, from a regional headquarters, security operation center, business process outsourcing location, and research and development facility to retail, residential, and mixed use. The property itself sits between the 10,000 seat adjacent to the I-110 connector and the , a bay front neighborhood built with charm and new urbanism principals sitting on 21 acres with 141 mixed use building sites.
Within walking distance is the . Where you can find lots of amenities like restaurants, shops, a farmers market, post office, library, banks, museums, parks, churches, marinas, ball parks and bay front walks that enhance the work-life balanced atmosphere of Pensacola.
Pensacola is a great place for business
Pensacola has seen a tremendous revitalization in the past few years. Major new developments have spurred a first-class wave of significant projects. The $50M Community Maritime Park Wahoo’s Stadium was the beginning of an exceptional renaissance movement. Thoughtful, innovative planning by the City has led to posh eateries, thriving retailers, beautifully rehabbed and re-purposed historic buildings and major new development projects. Pensacola was ranked #15 in U.S. World Report’s “Most Desirable Places to live in the U.S.” This prime property is located in downtown Pensacola on South 9th Avenue and East Salamanca Street.
Total area: ±9 acres Zoning: Zoned as General Redevelopment (GRD)
Elevation: 16 feet above sea level outside of 100 year floodplain
Prominently located in Downtown Pensacola near destination beaches, Institute for Human and Machine Cognition and Naval Air Station Pensacola, Cradle of Naval Aviation and 大运河彩票 of the Blue Angels Directly on I-110, adjacent to the Pensacola Bay Center.
The Pensacola MSA includes Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties with a population of 494,883
Here you will find robust pro-business partnerships for economic development among our cities and counties, business and government leaders and community organizations. Our region’s assets include:
- Multi-modal transportation options creating connectivity via interstate highways, railroads, port and airport for ease of doing business on both a national and global scale.
- A workforce pipeline that is enhanced by a top-notch university, state college, along with a variety of technical and vocational colleges as well as career academies in middle and high schools focused on career pathways and technical certifications.
- A strong concentration of U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force military presence in Northwest Florida that provides a highly skilled and valuable workforce for the region, with more than 24,000 uniformed personnel and more than 66,000 defense-related employees and their families in the Pensacola MSA.
Pensacola’s livability and quality of life is receiving top rankings:
- Pensacola Beach voted #1, Best Beach in Florida, USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice, April 2018 and #4 Best Beach in America, Trip Advisor, February 大运河彩票
- Pensacola ranked #15, most desirable places to live in the United States by the U.S. News and World Report, which included affordable housing, access to well-paying jobs, a low cost of living, good schools and quality healthcare, June 2019
- Pensacola ranked #1 “World’s Strongest Town”, by strongtown.org for focusing on “the city’s heart and soul; its historic and vibrant, financially strong and resilient” downtown, April 2019
- Pensacola placed in the Top 30 U.S. Smaller Cities by National Geographic, for its urban renewal and smart city development policies that produce happiness, such as green spaces, galleries, coffee shops, breweries, music venues, etc., January 2018
- University of West Florida, #15, Top Public Schools, Regional Universities South, U.S. News and World Report, June 大运河彩票
Our area is an attractive destination for business and 大运河彩票 to a wide range of thriving industries.
Why Northwest Florida Should Be On Your Radar
A Talented Local Labor Force
大运河彩票 to more than 450,000 people, Greater Pensacola boasts a well-educated, highly-trained workforce with a strong technical background.